6/16/11

A Favorite Thing: Bows!

Bows. I love bows. Lots of bows. Bows on bag. Bows on shoes. Fake bows as part of sweaters. Bows as a jewelry element. Bows on hats and bows as hats.





(Brooch to the right is ca. 1835 via The Victoria & Albert Museum)







I have amassed, over the years quite a collection.

A set of inexpensive head bands from Claire's, all around $3.
I call this my tarantula hat, because I think the bits of fur on the bow makes it look like I wearing a tarantula on my head.

The bow ring is from H&M $5, the earrings I picked up from a thrift store a long long time ago.

Modcloth gloves from last winter, $52. I splurged because I loved them so much.

After much debate and a poll in my other blog I ended up with these cream stilettos from Macy's for around $75. The black ones are SoDanca's character shoes from my Ballroom dancing days, probably about $50 at the time (some 10 years ago). I added the bows and teakettle buttons using button thread and a hot glue gun.

You'll notice, my dears, I have not included the wonderful pussycat bow shirt, of which I am a particular fan. It gives one a lovely prim proper secretary feel and draws attention away from the bust a toward the face. I love it so much, in fact, and am collecting images for a bog devoted entirely to the pussycat bow. In the future, my dears, the future! For now, I shall merely end with with, the butt bow! (Pun intended.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...