7/19/11

Teal in Menlo Park

I like teal. But I had to recover from the 80s in order to do so. It took a teal silk 1850s dress at Dickens Fair for me to learn to like it again. (While I still have the dress, I don't have any photos of it and it's in storage at the moment, sorry.) And then, oh then, Orbit produced the cover of my second book . . .


I knew they would be sending me out to sign and I figured I had better dress to match the book. (Because that is the way my mind works.) Fortunately for me, I found this lovely Diesel jersey dress at a Crossroads Trading in San Francisco for about $20.

Here I am in Houston at Murder By the Book with two lovely fans in the dress last year.

It fits me like a glove and I can't gain a pound but I love the bow and the cut. This was the dress I chose to wear for the Keplers signing, last Thursday. I paired it with white for Houston and with black for Menlo Park.

Thanks to Soulswallo for the picture.

You can see the kick pleats over the thighs in this picture. Did I mention I love this dress? Well I do. Teal is a great transition color, it works for retro or modern.

1960 Teal & Black

And here are some ideas on how to take it to the street.

Bloggers: Left = Target Shoes, Vintage Dress, Target Hat, Old Navy Jacket and Right = Everything Normal in 2009

Here's a similar style teal dress in plus sizes.


But what about the cover of Changeless? You may perhaps ask. Well, since the cover model happens to be a friend of mine. And she happens to own Clockwork Couture. And the dress happens to be for sale there in rust. I pulled some strings and asked particularly if she might make it for me in teal as the basis for a steampunk outfit. Of course, I've augmented it with a velvet under drape and bustle and a hat. I plan to add more black lace as well.

At Steamcon in Seattle 2010.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...