7/7/11

Dress the Author Beast for Heartless Book Launch Events!

My dear Fashionable Readers, I have two local events celebrating the launch of Heartless coming up which means there is a style decision to make!


I simply can't decide between three dresses. One will be for an event this Friday in San Francisco and the other for a Thursday night reading/signing down on the Peninsula next week. Here are the candidates . . .

A salmon pink number, made of cool twilled raw silk with a funky edgy neckline. It's deceptively simple but a nice summery color and I haven't worn it much so I'd like to give it an airing.

Light jersey teal dress that I bought for the Changeless book tour. I haven't worn it since then. It has a bias cut swingy skirt and a diminutive pussycat bow.

An old favorite I've worn a number of times, the check black and white suit. The sheath dress underneath has a sleeveless cap boat neck. This one travels well and is one of the first vintages pieces I ever owned, so it shows up a lot.

 I wore this check when I first attended a WorldCon as a professional author. I met my publisher and my agent face to face in this suit. I took my very first head shots wearing it. It went down to Australia with me. Ah, good times.


So what do you think? Perhaps the salmon for SF this Friday and the teal for suburbia next Thursday?  Then again the salmon is cooler, so perhaps the teal is better for foggy San Francisco. But the salmon has a bit more SF edge to it. Or should I substitute in the check for old time's sake? It has the little jacket in case it's too air conditioned, but I have worn it a lot. If I do substitute, which event does it suit better (pun intended)? Oh, decisions, decisions!



Heartless book launch party at Books Inc, Opera Plaza at 7 pm on Friday July 8, 2011 in San Francisco, CA.

Heartless book launch signing at Kepler's Books at 7 pm on Thursday July 14, 2011 in Menlo Park, CA.

I know I know I should rightly be wearign purple. But all my purple outfits are very much cold weather centric. I should have timed everything more seasonally!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...