11/7/11

Lust Objects

I know, I can't buy any of them, way outside of my price range and I'm moving right now so I am supposed to be getting rid of stuff.

But I though you, Fashionable Reader, might enjoy a peek at the things that attracted me during the month of October.



Kilian's Aphrodisiac

I got hugely into these geometric almost architectural hard sided clutches. Utterly impractical as you can't fit anything into them. But I've always had a great love for Art Moderne jewelry and these really reminded me of that movement. I like the almost industrial take.

An example of Art Moderne.

Also on the roster were these two dresses.


Diane von Furstenberg Agata stretch-poplin dress

Neither would fit me because they are modern, but I just loved the Mad Men retro feel meets modern.

Then we have these shoes.


Again with the architectural strappy nature, and I have a real weakness for shoes that look like they would be impossible to walk in. I love it when friends (or strangers) come up to me and say, "How can you move in those things." I take it as an odd kind of compliment. I know, some weird psychological thing.


Still into the maxi skirt thing, and I love how slenderizing this one is (although, BAD high waist). Strangely enough I already have a skirt almost exactly like it, which this image caused me to resurrect. Those of you at Teslacon will see me wearing it there.

I love keys and key holes as jewelry, I also love the combination of silver and gold ~ very daring and edgy, like brown and black together. I know know, I'm such a rule breaker. Sadly I am mostly unable ot wear bangles because I have the scrawniest chicken wrists ever. They just clunk around a bruise my wrist bones. But I love them with a pure Wonder Woman adoration.


Lastly, and slightly off topic as I have never desired to own a bowler, I spotted a whole host of them at this runway show recently.  The Finishing School series has a rather fun side character who has a preference for wearing bowler hats. I guess this reminded me of him.

Sitka Semsh SS12
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...