11/22/11

Steampunk Fashion from Teslacon


Just got back from Teslacon (have posted the convention report.) Sadly, I did not have a ladies maid so I had to A. get into my own corsets and B. take my own photos. This means the corsets were no where near as tight as they should be and I forgot to take pictures of myself. Hopefully some of the shots others took at me from the event will show up.

On Friday I wore my spoon corset outfit.


On Saturday I wore the autumn outfit.


I changed for the ball that night into the fancy outfit I had originally brought for Sunday, but ended up mostly at the bar so no one got a photo of me. Sunday morning I had to wear a cobbled together outfit, because I needed to change quickly for my flight home.


And here are some shots (with analysis) I took at the fashion show.

Steampunk Doctor Who #5! I was a particular fan of the color pallet. I love how she cross dressed the character, made a sweater cover for her corset, and put her own twist on everything. (Plus, Peter Davidson is MY Doctor.)
The obligatory Firefly representation. I'd love to see this idea taken fully into steampunk, perhaps by changing the skirt shape and adding a whole load of gadgets.
Votes for Women! Votes for more gadgets!
This was our winner of the contest!

Now for the fashion show.

We both have photos in the steampunk bible.
Almost steampunk, I'd use a different color for the top, add a hat, a cargo belt of some kind, and some major arm bangles.
I do love this one, the cutaway jacket. But again, more accessories and gadgets please.
Cute, how about a cargo belt?
Adore the librarian take, this is the kind of look I tend to go for.
I understand he's also a total sweetheart.
This is lovely, very steampunk, some arm decoration and a hat and she's a complete outfit.
Little House on the Airship?

Possibly my favorite of the show. So Alexia.
And an interesting new use of your Rococo paniers.
This one was also in the show. I don't really think its steampunk at all, but it was so amazingly beautiful! Very late 1930s. Stunning. Impossible for a lady with a rack to wear (being backless and satin) but had I different body that little beauty would have been MINE.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...