11/18/11

More Capes ~ Yes!

Because I love them so, I thought I'd post a little more about capes.


They have been everywhere this fall: runways, streets, and blogs. But do you know where I haven't seen much of them? Out in the wild, on real people. So what do I think? Everyone clearly needs more encouragement! Capes, rah rah rah!


Here are a few from the past, with some retro and modern takes on this old favorite. Best thing about a cape? It layers perfectly. We start with basic black:

McCall Style News October, 1940; Elsa Schiaparelli, 1933 The Metropolitan Museum of Art


Or if you are feeling a little more daring, how about red?



Tuppence Ha'penny by Charlotte's retro look.

And some modern takes on the red cape.


I love Keiko Lynn's flowered number.

Feeling even more daring? How about plaid?

Burberry, 1937  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

 Tuppence Ha'penny by Charlotte's

 T.K. Maxx cape

Here's one of my favorites from the vintage blogs.

Charles James, 1944  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

And some of my favorite modern ones.



Here's a fun one from the set of Gossip Girl.



And my personal favorite of the modern capes. If I didn't have two already . . .


Just, not for the gentlemen, please.


And how can we go without . . . capes for Alexia?

 1860 The McCord Museum; 1850-1869  The Metropolitan Museum of Art

You don't have to take my word for it.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...