1/12/12

Fun with Accessories ~ Purse Mods DIY

Many of us, Fashionable Reader, have more purses than we can use. Which is to say, you can really only carry one purse at a time. With the possible exception of the cute tiny purse necklace from ModCloth.
However, as I like to say to those who object to my shoe collection (why do you need so many, you can only wear one pair?) why do you need so many TV channels? You can only watch one at a time.
My purse collection is inferior to my shoes. But then again it's harder to switch between them. I have only about 15, most of them clutches, less than half vintage, and my day bag which I use all the time. Nevertheless, I love them each in their own special way. And I do invest in leather, it just lasts so much better, although it's much harder to keep clean.
 Small evening bag inherited from my Great Grandmother.
 Long clutch from Marshalls, $30.
Vintage brown day bag from Hubba Hubba $36
But this post is about bags that you may have but are beginning to bore you, and some ideas on what you can do to make them new and exciting.
 Add leather flowers.
 Glue on an interesting metallic element, good steampunk option.
Go for a bow of some kind.
Punch through some studs.
Tye on a scarf or a ribbon. Change out the strap for chain.
Swing by an army surplus and pick up some really military looking bits and bobs.
Try a bit of everything ~ chain, feathers, metallic element, and a bow!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...