2/28/12

Red & Black Flowers in LA

I jumped down to LA on Saturday, Fashionable Reader, for the first Passion & Prose conference. It was marvelous fun. I wore one of my new dresses.

This is an Edith Flagg California from Moon Zoom in Santa Cruz, about $50.

I love that it has two parts, so it can go from day to night. It's a stretch cotton so it fits the Rack well, and the applique detailing on the dress around the neck and waist draw attention away from the problem area. I kept the little jacket on the whole day (sadly it already needs repairs, ah vintage). I paired it with red accessories.


It worked well, the purse and Miz Mooz shoes were much admired. I didn't end up needing any of the jackets. I did have to iron the dress after travel, but this is par for the course with cotton.


The event was great fun. There were talks and Q&As and signings, and mingling at the tables, panels and more talks, and more signings.


We dinned on a lovely salad followed by grilled cheese & tomato soup (best tomato soup I have ever had!) and finished with ice cream with toppings and macaroons. Best set hotel meal I've ever eaten.

With the organizers Terry & Susan.

If you ever get a chance to go to this event, I can't recommend it highly enough.

Giving the morning keynote.

Signing the book.

I also got to visit the new LA Mysterious Galaxy store, which was stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...