12/21/11

Just Don't Do It: Skin Tones

So I ran my Not for the Rack series, and while collecting images for that series I remembered one of my big sins (like VPL) skin tones.

Not even if you are Ann Margret.

I was walking around down town San Francisco and this lovely lady was walking toward me, stylish coat and shirt, nice little belt, pumps, and then, apparently NOTHING ELSE!


Well, once she got close enough to me I realized she was wearing a pencil skirt that was exactly the same color as her skin. So, no matter how much I might love the blush colored pale ink dress, or (in my case) more properly that kind of yellowish tan ecru color, I am not allowed to wear it.


Nude in parts is also a bad move.


The one thing I do think you can wear as a skin tone? Pumps. I like nude colored pumps, I do believe they can make your legs look longer. And I think you can get away with a chunky shoe if it is in a skin matched color, which means more stability.



Speaking of Ann Margret I remind you all of the rolling in baked beans video. Because the most excellent Mr. Greg Proops reminded me on his Smartest Man in the World Podcast, and I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...